Saturday, June 1, 2013

Journal of Morgan T. Kinter




Journal of Morgan T. Kinter Journal entry May 25, Yr 46002

Have had some unexpected luck.  I was just sitting down to another meal of roasted rat when this strange creature fell out of the sky right next to me.  I believe he is called Flip-Yap.  He is an ugly creature with large ears, beady eyes, hairy face, fangs, a bit feral in appearance.  I offered him some rat and he devoured it greedily.  Apparently he is of a race known as goblins.  With him fell another of the devices that caused my accident.  He has given the device to me.  This should give me an even greater chance of making a functional device.  

At nearly the same time I encountered another companion.  A woman with the most unusual hair colour, bright pink!  She has decided to join with our little troupe and has already distinguished herself as someone of respected authority in this land.  Her name seems to be either Sanidra or Saria.

Our group spent the day exploring the wonders of Orin Prime, a marvelous city, where you never know quite what adventure awaits around the corner.  We encountered many interesting persons in this great city.  Apparently it is custom in this place for the locals to remove items from the visitors.  It is called "stealing."  In order to get the items back you must first chase them and corner them, I was quite out of breath but Saria seemed to have no trouble catching up with the thief.  She was eventually able to convince the guard to take him to court.  This was most exciting for me as I had not been to the great court before.  Unfortunately both of my devices were taken and in order to get them returned to me I will have to appear before the court and plead my case.  I have a hearing set for tomorrow.  I found the entire experience somewhat dreary after a time and will try to take care to avoid having my items stolen in the future.  I pray to Om that there are no further delays as I am a bit concerned that I will not be able to reach the Port of Jorgu by the May 32.

The case following ours was a dwarf who fell from the sky and was accused of killing a noble of the city.  The corpse showed no evidence of axe wounds but plenty of evidence of stab wounds.  Our Saria proved to be quite influential in convincing the judge that the dwarf should be released in her custody.  Unlike most dwarves he wears his beard unbraided and he also seems to have a bit of a fiery temper.  His name is Belgrat.

We spent the night at a pleasant inn and had a peaceful evening in this great city.  I hope to explore it some more tomorrow.  I was looking forward to a restful night in a comfortable bed after my long exposure under the open sky but alas the dwarf won the bed from me so I am writing these lines while curled up on the floor.  At least I finally have a roof over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment